Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Who says fries can’t be healthy? I’ve been on a sweet potato kick lately, and my preferred choice of preparation is cutting them up into wide strips or wedges, coating with a little olive oil, sea salt, and hot paprika, and baking them to goodness.
2 pounds sweet potatoes; peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon hot paprika
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Pre-heat a baking sheet in the oven.
3. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into half-inch strips. Place strips in a large bowl. Add olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and hot paprika. Toss strips until all the pieces are well coated with oil, salt, pepper, and hot paprika.
4. Remove hot baking sheet from the oven. Arrange sweet potato strips in a single layer on the sheet.
5. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Remove sheet, and flip the strips over. Continue baking for another 15 minutes, until slightly browned.
6. Remove from oven, transfer to paper towel-line plate, and serve.