How to Roast Red Peppers
Last week, I posted a recipe for one of my latest snack obsessions: roasted red pepper hummus. But I didn’t explain how to roast the peppers used in the recipe. For those who are interested, here’s the (incredibly simple) method, which can be done in advance and stored until ready for use.
Continue to recipe.
Red bell peppers (other colors work, too)
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line baking tray with aluminum foil.
3. Arrange washed peppers on lined tray. Space them out evenly.
4. Place tray in the oven. Roast the peppers, turning every 10 to 15 minutes for about 30 minutes until done.
5. Remove tray from the oven. Allow the peppers to cool in a covered bowl.
6. Once cooled, carefully remove the charred skin. Cut the tops of the peppers, and carefully remove the seeds.
7. Drizzle with olive oil and a little sea salt.
8. Serve or store in a covered jar or container in the refrigerator. Roasted peppers will keep for about a week.